Thursday, August 2, 2012

artipelag outing


Today we went to Artipelag with my brother and family who are visiting from Göteborg, and our mother. We took the charming Gurli there, a beautiful 1 hour and 20 minute trip through the enchanting Stockholm archipelago.

The art hall is embedded in the surrounding nature and the architecture is very appealing. Concrete, natural materials, white walls, glass... Photography was not allowed inside - except in the entrance hall, where the giant windows create a breathtaking picture.

Maria Miesenberger made the leaping figure. I like her work and David Svenssons, especially his book collages and his glass piece Old World Rise Again.

Tomorrow,  I'm off to Umeå with my youngest, Rosa. I hope to visit Bildmuseet.
Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment