Wednesday, March 16, 2011

going places

My weekend was very intense but satisfying. I left sunny Stockholm on Saturday and arrived under very grey skies of Göteborg 4 hours later. We still have snow outside our house - in Göteborg there was spring in the air. Strange how, just a few hours away, the climate is quite different.

I was in Göteborg to work, so on Sunday, I held a small book case/box workshop at Rum för Papper. I brought out my camera too late, we were wrapping things up, so no-one's longer at the table... Must get better shots next time. On Monday night I was back in the shop, holding an "inspirational evening" for a company. They made a small handstitched book each.



Sunday evening was spent with Birgitta in her home on the island of Hönö. She's a wonderful textile artist. We got to know each other when she attended one of my bookbinding workshops at HDK. She's working on an art project and I'm to design a booklet about it. The project involves weaving - a new world to me.










On the other side of the world, my brother left Tokyo with an unreal feeling. He made it back to Sweden on Sunday night and I was very happy to see him again, on Monday. There are no words to express my feelings for the Japanese people. But my thoughts are with you.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and interesting, Cecilia;and a nice distraction from all the bad news. We are wary, here in Auckland, and have just had our own brick chimneys taken down, even though more likely to cop volcanic eruption than earthquake at this end of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like quite the busy weekend. Glad your brother has returned safe.

    ReplyDelete