Monday, August 23, 2010

bathing beauties

They look a lot like like old-fashioned bathing caps, don't they? I named them Million Dollar Mermaid (top) and Neptunes Daughter (bottom) as an hommage to Esther Williams movies with the same names - which I haven't seen unfortunately...

The paper used is from an old norwegian childrens book I bought during my stay in Stavanger when I held a workshop there in spring. It's very thick and beautifully discolored, my guess is that it had a high content of wood, but I'm not sure about this.





5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful bowls Cecilia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Åh, vilka fantastiskt vackra skålar du gör! Helt underbart! Synd att dina workshops är så långt bort … från mig alltså!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing
    This fabulous work with us
    See you

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I love that you've found a book beautiful enough to match the design.

    ReplyDelete